40g dark chocolate
1 TBSP butter/margarine
makes enough to cover a small 6-inch cake
1. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave on medium power for 30 seconds.
3. Add the butter to the chocolate and microwave for another 30 seconds.
4. Stir the chocolate-butter mixture to check the consistency.
5. Continue microwaving in 15 second bursts until the mixture is a creamy consistency.
6. Add flavourings* of choice and stir well.
7. Using a spatula, spread onto cake/brownie.
8. Put the cake/brownie in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
* ½ teaspoon of any extract (vanilla, peppermint, almond...)
1 tsp grated orange rind
1 tsp liquer